Amplus Global Pty Ltd (ACN 162 631 325)
Effective 1 February 2015. Last updated on 1 February 2015.
1. General Policy Statement. At Amplus Global Pty Ltd (“Amplus Global”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”) we take your privacy very seriously and understand the importance of protecting your personal information. In doing so, we are bound by and comply with the Australian Privacy Principles outlined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy applies to information collected and held by Amplus Global. It outlines how we collect and use personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
2. What Personal Information do We Collect? Personal Information is information which can reasonably be expected to identify you. We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide you with our services and products. If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to provide you with the services that you want.
3. How personal information is collected. We generally collect your personal information directly from you, if and when, you provide us with your signed consent. By visiting Amplus Global’s website at www.amplusglobal.com.au or by maintaining email or telephone communications with us, you are consenting to us collecting your personal information. We may collect personal information from you each time you initiate or maintain telephone or email communications with us. We may also collect non-personal information from you when you visit our website. The non-personal information we collect includes:
(a) A visitor’s server IP address and the domain name of the relevant Internet Service Provider;
(b) The type of operating system the visitor uses;
(c) Pages accessed; and
(d) The date and time of the visit.
This non-personal information is used to monitor usage of our website.
4. Use of Personal information. Amplus Global may use your personal information for the primary purpose of communicating with you, as well as for related purposes, such as:
(a) To administer and manage the provision of our products and services to you;
(b) To comply with any applicable Australian laws and regulatory requirements, including complying with any lawful request made by a governmental authority, regulator or enforcement agency, including in connection with legal proceedings or the prevention or detection of crime, fraud or other misconduct;
(c) To comply with Amplus Global’s risk management policies and procedures;
(d) To communicate with you about our business by way of direct marketing;
(e) For research and development purposes related to business development, product planning and product delivery;
(f) Any other purpose related to the primary purpose.
(g) For research and development purposes related to business development, product planning and product delivery;
(h) Any other purpose related to the primary purpose.
5. Disclosure of Information. Amplus Global generally will not provide any of your personal information to third-parties unless expressly consented to by you. However, in the course of conducting our business we may also disclose your personal information:
(a) To the issuers of the products and services we provide to you;
(b) To a relevant Credit Reporting Body (in certain circumstances);
(c) To government regulatory authorities and enforcement agencies;
(d) Related bodies corporate; or
(e) Where we are otherwise required or authorised to do so by law.
6. Access to, Correction of, or Updating of Your Personal Information. Generally, we will provide you with access to your personal information that we hold within a reasonable time-frame upon receipt of a written request. We may not grant access to you, if a relevant exception under the Privacy Act applies. If you believe that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us about your concerns. If we determine your concerns to be valid, we will update the personal information we hold within a reasonable timeframe, and provide you with written notice of the correction. Alternatively, if we disagree with your concerns, we will note the issues on your records that we hold, provide you with written notice of our reasons, and outline any additional avenues of redress that are open to you. You should keep us informed of any changes to your personal information, by notifying us in writing. From time-to-time we may request that you review, confirm and advise of changes to your personal information.
7. Security of Information. Amplus Global is committed to protecting your personal information from misuse and we take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is not misused, lost, or accessed or disclosed by unauthorised persons.
8. Cross-border Disclosure of Personal Information. We may transfer personal information to related bodies corporate and unaffiliated service providers in locations outside Australia’s territorial jurisdiction in the course of storing, using or disclosing that information. When transferring your personal information to foreign jurisdictions, Amplus Global will take all reasonable steps to ensure the overseas recipient deals with that information in ways consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles. That being said, the overseas recipient may not have privacy protections exactly equivalent to those in Australia under the Australian Privacy Principles. By communicating with Amplus Global, you consent to Amplus Global making overseas disclosures of your personal information necessarily related to the primary purpose for which it was collected.
9. Disposal of Personal Information. If we no longer need to hold your personal information for the primary purpose, we will take reasonable steps to de-identify and then destroy that information. We may retain your personal information when required to do so under a relevant Australian law.
Amplus Global Pty Ltd
PO Box 6269